- Quantum Processors and Computing Systems
Design and implementation of quantum processors, quantum memory, and quantum computing systems.
- Open source projectsLearn more
We are a member of the international quantum computing community and we value transparency, sharing and collaboration. Therefore, we fully embrace the idea of open-source. We hope to benefit the community with our open source projects and also welcome other members of the community to contribute to these projects.
The following is a list of our current open source projects.
• Alibaba Cloud Quantum Development Platform (ACQDP) - a simulator-driven development tool for quantum algorithms and quantum computers
- CollaborationLearn more
For our mission to be successful, numerous engineering and fundamental scientific challenges need to be overcome. We seek collaborations in all areas central to quantum computing, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Decoherence mechanisms
• Materials and nano-fabrication for superconducting qubits
• Simulation of superconducting quantum computing (SQC) devices
• Error-protected qubits
• Characterization, control, and measurement of SQC devices
• Cryogenic engineering and electronics
• Quantum computer architecture
• Quantum error correction
• Quantum program compilation
• Quantum algorithms
If you are interested, please follow link to see details and make a proposal
Yaoyun received his Bachelor's degree from Peking University and his Ph.D. from Princeton University, both in Computer Science. After a postdoctoral scholarship at Caltech's Institute for Quantum Information, he joined the faculty of University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, holding the positions of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He has made contributions to diverse topics in theoretical quantum information science, including quantum computational complexity, classical simulation of quantum systems, and quantum cryptography. At Alibaba, he is building an multidisciplinary and international team to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computation.
- Xiaotong Ni, Hui-Hai Zhao, Lei Wang, Feng Wu & Jianxin Chen. Integrating quantum processor device and control optimization in a gradient-based framework. npj Quantum Information 8, 106 (2022). arXiv:2112.12509 It was also presented at IEEE International Conference on Quantum Computing and Engineering (QCE21) as an invited talk in Workshop on Quantum Simulation.
- Jianxin Chen, Dawei Ding, and Cupjin Huang. Randomized Benchmarking beyond Groups. PRX Quantum 3, 030320. arXiv:2203.12703
- Yuchen Yang, Zhongtao Shen, Xing Zhu, Ziqi Wang, Gengyan Zhang, Jingwei Zhou, Xun Jiang, Chunqing Deng, and Shubin Liu. FPGA-based electronic system for the control and readout of superconducting quantum processors. Review of Scientific Instruments 93, 074701 (2022). arXiv:2110.07965 It was also presented at 2021 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC).
- Feng Bao, Hao Deng, Dawei Ding, Ran Gao, Xun Gao, Cupjin Huang, Xun Jiang, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Zhisheng Li, Xizheng Ma, Xiaotong Ni, Jin Qin, Zhijun Song, Hantao Sun, Chengchun Tang, Tenghui Wang, Feng Wu, Tian Xia, Wenlong Yu, Fang Zhang, Gengyan Zhang, Xiaohang Zhang, Jingwei Zhou, Xing Zhu, Yaoyun Shi, Jianxin Chen, Hui-Hai Zhao, and Chunqing Deng. Fluxonium: an alternative qubit platform for high-fidelity operations. Phys. Rev. Lett. 129, 010502 (2022). arXiv:2111.13504
- Ran Gao, Wenlong Yu, Hao Deng, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Zhisheng Li, Minghua Wang, Xiaohe Miao, Yue Lin, and Chunqing Deng. Epitaxial titanium nitride microwave resonators: Structural, chemical, electrical, and microwave properties. Phys. Rev. Materials 6, 036202. arXiv:2111.04227
- Ran Gao, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Hao Deng, Wenlong Yu, Tian Xia, Feng Wu, Zhijun Song, Minghua Wang, Xiaohe Miao, Chao Zhang, Yue Lin, Yaoyun Shi, Hui-Hai Zhao, Chunqing Deng. Ultrahigh Kinetic Inductance Superconducting Materials from Spinodal Decomposition. Adv. Mater. 2201268 (2022). arXiv:2111.05088
- Cupjin Huang, Fang Zhang, Michael Newman, Xiaotong Ni, Dawei Ding, Junjie Cai, Xun Gao, Tenghui Wang, Feng Wu, Gengyan Zhang, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Zhengxiong Tian, Junyin Wu, Haihong Xu, Huanjun Yu, Bo Yuan, Mario Szegedy, Yaoyun Shi, Hui-Hai Zhao, Chunqing Deng & Jianxin Chen. Efficient parallelization of tensor network contraction for simulating quantum computation. Nature Computational Science 1, 578 (2021).
- Dawei Ding, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Yaoyun Shi, and Hui-Hai Zhao. Free-mode removal and mode decoupling for simulating general superconducting quantum circuits. Phys. Rev. B 103, 174501. arXiv: 2011.10564
- Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Mario Szegedy. Explicit Lower Bounds on Strong Quantum Simulation. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 66, 5585 (2020) This work subsumes arXiv:1804.10368 and arXiv:1902.04764. It was also presented at the 23rd Annual Conference on Quantum Information Processing, Shenzhen, China, Jan 6-10, 2020.
- Bannink, Tom; Buhrman, Harry; Gilyén, András; Szegedy, Mario. The Interaction Light Cone of the Discrete Bak-Sneppen, Contact and other local processes. Journal of Statistical Physics 176, 1500 (2019). arxiv:1903.12607.
- Xinyu Tan, Fang Zhang, Rui Chao, Yaoyun Shi, Jianxin Chen. Scalable surface code decoders with parallelization in time. arXiv:2209.09219.
- Cupjin Huang, Tenghui Wang, Feng Wu, Dawei Ding, Qi Ye, Linghang Kong, Fang Zhang, Xiaotong Ni, Zhijun Song, Yaoyun Shi, Hui-Hai Zhao, Chunqing Deng, Jianxin Chen. Quantum Instruction Set Design for Performance. arXiv:2105.06074.
- Jianxin Chen, Dawei Ding, Cupjin Huang, Linghang Kong. Linear Cross Entropy Benchmarking with Clifford Circuits. arXiv:2206.08293.
- Hao Deng, Zhijun Song, Ran Gao, Tian Xia, Feng Bao, Xun Jiang, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Zhisheng Li, Xizheng Ma, Jin Qin, Hantao Sun, Chengchun Tang, Tenghui Wang, Feng Wu, Wenlong Yu, Gengyan Zhang, Xiaohang Zhang, Jingwei Zhou, Xing Zhu, Yaoyun Shi, Hui-Hai Zhao, Chunqing Deng. Titanium Nitride Film on Sapphire Substrate with Low Dielectric Loss for Superconducting Qubits. arXiv:2205.03528.
- Jianxin Chen, Dawei Ding, Cupjin Huang, Qi Ye. Compiling Arbitrary Single-Qubit Gates Via the Phase-Shifts of Microwave Pulses. arXiv:2105.02398.
- Rui Chao, Dawei Ding, Andras Gilyen, Cupjin Huang, Mario Szegedy. Finding Angles for Quantum Signal Processing with Machine Precision. arXiv:2003.02831.
- Fang Zhang, Jianxin Chen. Optimizing T gates in Clifford+T circuit as π/4 rotations around Paulis. arXiv:1903.12456.