- Quantum Processors and Computing Systems
Design and implementation of quantum processors, quantum memory, and quantum computing systems.
- Open source projectsLearn more
We are a member of the international quantum computing community and we value transparency, sharing and collaboration. Therefore, we fully embrace the idea of open-source. We hope to benefit the community with our open source projects and also welcome other members of the community to contribute to these projects.
The following is a list of our current open source projects.
• Alibaba Cloud Quantum Development Platform (ACQDP) - a simulator-driven development tool for quantum algorithms and quantum computers
- CollaborationLearn more
For our mission to be successful, numerous engineering and fundamental scientific challenges need to be overcome. We seek collaborations in all areas central to quantum computing, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Decoherence mechanisms
• Materials and nano-fabrication for superconducting qubits
• Simulation of superconducting quantum computing (SQC) devices
• Error-protected qubits
• Characterization, control, and measurement of SQC devices
• Cryogenic engineering and electronics
• Quantum computer architecture
• Quantum error correction
• Quantum program compilation
• Quantum algorithms
If you are interested, please follow link to see details and make a proposal
Yaoyun received his Bachelor's degree from Peking University and his Ph.D. from Princeton University, both in Computer Science. After a postdoctoral scholarship at Caltech's Institute for Quantum Information, he joined the faculty of University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, holding the positions of Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He has made contributions to diverse topics in theoretical quantum information science, including quantum computational complexity, classical simulation of quantum systems, and quantum cryptography. At Alibaba, he is building an multidisciplinary and international team to realize the revolutionary potentials of quantum computation.
- Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Mario Szegedy. Explicit lower bounds on strong quantum simulation. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 66(9):5585 - 5600, Sept. 2020. This work subsumes arXiv:1804.10368 and arXiv:1902.04764. It was also presented at the 23rd Annual Conference on Quantum Information Processing, Shenzhen, China, Jan 6-10, 2020.
- Cupjin Huang, Fang Zhang, Michael Newman, Junjie Cai, Xun Gao, Zhengxiong Tian, Junyin Wu, Haihong Xu, Huanjun Yu, Bo Yuan, Mario Szegedy, Yaoyun Shi, Jianxin Chen. Classical Simulation of Quantum Supremacy Circuits. arXiv:2005.0678.
- Rui Chao, Dawei Ding, Andras Gilyen, Cupjin Huang, Mario Szegedy. Finding Angles for Quantum Signal Processing with Machine Precision. arXiv:2003.02831.
- Cupjin Huang, Xiaotong Ni, Fang Zhang, Michael Newman, Dawei Ding, Xun Gao, Tenghui Wang, Hui-Hai Zhao, Feng Wu, Gengyan Zhang, Chunqing Deng, Hsiang-Sheng Ku, Jianxin Chen, Yaoyun Shi. Alibaba Cloud Quantum Development Platform: Surface Code Simulations with Crosstalk. arXiv:2002.08918.
- Cupjin Huang, Mario Szegedy, Fang Zhang, Xun Gao, Jianxin Chen, Yaoyun Shi. Alibaba Cloud Quantum Development Platform: Applications to Quantum Algorithm Design. arXiv:1909.02559.
- Fang Zhang, Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Junjie Cai, Huanjun Yu, Zhengxiong Tian, Bo Yuan, Haihong Xu, Junyin Wu, Xun Gao, Jianxin Chen, Mario Szegedy, Yaoyun Shi. Alibaba cloud quantum development kit: Large-scale classical simulation of quantum circuits. arXiv:1907.11217.
- Bannink, Tom; Buhrman, Harry; Gilyén, András; Szegedy, Mario. The Interaction Light Cone of the Discrete Bak-Sneppen, Contact and other local processes. arxiv:1903.12607.
- Fang Zhang, Jianxin Chen. Optimizing T gates in Clifford+T circuit as rotations around Paulis. arXiv:1903.12456.
- Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Mario Szegedy. Explicit lower bounds on strong simulation of quantum circuits in terms of T-gate count. arXiv:1902.04764.
- Jianxin Chen, Fang Zhang, Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Yaoyun Shi. Classical Simulation of Intermediate-Size Quantum Circuits. arXiv:1805.01450.
- Cupjin Huang, Michael Newman, Mario Szegedy. Explicit lower bounds on strong quantum simulation. arXiv:1804.10368.